So close to the downhill slide! I hate to say it, but I'm getting really sick of being pregnant. I can't sleep, wear, do, or even eat how I want. It's all about the baby. Which is the way it ought to be I suppose. Kelly tends to turn into the diet nazi around dinnertime, but doesn't know enough about being pregnant to tell me what to do the rest of the time thankfully. I know he's just looking out for his baby the only way he knows how, but I'm tired of him forcing me to eat vegetables. Keeping the baby healthy is more important than me having to choke down an extra pile of peas, I know. I'm reminded every week. I always google for pictures of the baby for the week I'm in and most of the pics that come up are from aborted babies. It didn't bother me as much at first because they weren't recognizable as human and it didn't sink in. Now, they're very human and big. How could someone do that? Unless the fetus died and they had to, I just don't understand it.
Our muffin is just over 6 inches long (9, if you include his/her legs) and weights around 8.5 to 9 ounces. That's just over a half of a pound. Half the end length and a fraction of the final birth weight. My sweet little baby is just skin and little rubbery bones right now. Eyebrows and scalp hair is forming this week along with the beginnings of tooth buds. S/he is swallowing and fully digesting the amniotic fluid now and working on that first poop. 
Anyway, onto cheerier subjects. The baby kicked me a few times this week. Hard. The first one scared me to death. I was sitting at work, off in Lala land, and it felt like something pushed a big fat thumb (or a little tiny foot) into my belly. From the inside out. I thought I had an alien that was going to burst out of my stomach for a minute. After the initial "holy crap what on Earth was that??" it was really cool. Kelly still can't feel the little kicks, but they're getting stronger really fast, so it won't be long.
Our muffin is just over 6 inches long (9, if you include his/her legs) and weights around 8.5 to 9 ounces. That's just over a half of a pound. Half the end length and a fraction of the final birth weight. My sweet little baby is just skin and little rubbery bones right now. Eyebrows and scalp hair is forming this week along with the beginnings of tooth buds. S/he is swallowing and fully digesting the amniotic fluid now and working on that first poop. Thanks to Aunt Natalie, Grandma Sonia, and my mom, I finally have clothes of my own that fit. Kelly can keep his pants. We spent a good day shopping for maternity clothes and found a lot of cute ones. Without their help, I'd have ended up in a muumuu. I just don't have the enthusiasm to sort through rack after rack of shirts looking for the 4 cutes ones. I can't even count how many pairs of maternity pants I tried on. In the end I have several very cute tops, an incredibly comfortable pair of jeans, a really cute pair of khakis, 2 pairs of dress pants for work, and a pair of shorts that are a little big for my belly at the moment. We figured by the time it gets warm enough for me to wear them, I'll be huge anyway. I really love spending time with them and wish we'd have had more time to just hang out and talk.
This is for those of you who either haven't seen me in a few months, or just don't believe that I actually needed maternity clothes. This is the difference from 5 weeks to 19 weeks pregnant.


2 comments:
You are just so cute!! If we would have know there were so many cute tops in the maternity shop we would have not waste so much time in TJ Maxx scearching. Oh well live and learn. I was thinking if you haven't worn those black dress pants you could take them back and get another pair of jeans.
By the way congrats, on Lowes!
I found something for you guys thank I think you'll both enjoy! I'll bring it up with me next week :)
Post a Comment