Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

2 Weeks Old

Anni is 2 weeks old today. I can't believe how quickly it's going by.
We've worked out most of the nursing issues, except for me being sore, but that will go away eventually. She's getting into a schedule and wakes me up to feed her now. I still try to pay close enough attention that she doesn't have to get into a full blown crying jag to get fed, because then she won't nurse very well, swallows a lot of air, and ends up with gas bubbles.
Kelly just finished feeding her here, she looks like a little drunk passed out with her bottle.
She sleeps really well most nights, but once every three nights or so she just won't settle down and can't seem to get enough to eat, so I end up walking the floor with her till 4 AM. The trick, we're learning, is to try to keep her awake for longer stretches during the day.
You'd think Kelly was the one up with her all night, instead of me.

I'm back into my pre-pregnancy clothes and only weigh 135 lbs. I haven't weighed this little since Jr. High. As soon as I can start exercising to get rid of the extra skin and pudge my belly left, I'll look better than I have in years! Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really should write rum on the side of her bottles, that would be the only thing that could make those two pics better :D