Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

24 Weeks and 6th Month OB Visit

Sorry I missed last week, I got really busy and it just slipped my mind.
We had our last OB visit with Dr. Blackett today. We're going to switch to a doctor here in Ogden for next month up to the delivery, because I'm not keen on driving to Logan while in labor. Apparently I have to pee in a cup at every visit now, something I'm not thrilled about, but Kelly finds it amusing. Dr. Blackett says our little muffin is doing very well. Her heartbeat is exactly what it should be (she kicked the doppler while the doctor was trying to listen) and she's hit all the milestones she should have, movement and such. She says I'm pretty much a model pregnancy at this point. Weight gain is right on track, no spotting, very little swelling, normal blood pressure, and whatever they're doing with my urine seems fine. I have to do a glucose test for gestational diabetes next month. They make everyone do it, so no worries.

Mei-Mei is our nickname for our little girl, as we haven't picked a name yet. It means "little sister" in Mandarin Chinese. She is 1.3 pounds now and is still just shy of a foot in length. She started developing brown fat deposits under her wrinkly skin. She's supposed to start sucking her thumb at any time, if she hasn't already. She's also going to rotate from the breech position (feet down) to the normal head down direction during the next couple of weeks. Most likely she make the rotation a few times and will hopefully end up head down by the time she's too big to flip anymore.


Best as we can figure, that's her leg sticking up there, as her arms are by her sides. The bubble above her forehead is either a hand or the placenta. We're not really sure. This is the last of the ultrasounds we have. I may get new ones when I change OB's, but probably not.

No comments: