Big happenings in Babyland this week. She is 1.7 lbs and is 14 inches long. She's roughly gaining about .4 inches every week. Doesn't seem like much, but it's the same as if I grew 1.3 inches in a week. Most of her senses are starting to really function now. She can grip things and responds to touch. Her little eyes, which have been fused shut, will be opening anytime. Her optic nerve is working and she'll turn her head when a light is shone on my belly. I've read that she can respond to tastes, but I'm not really sure that my food would have a taste after it's broken down and gets to her.
It's a little early, but I'm convinced that she's learned mine and Kelly's voices. When I was home alone on Monday and Tuesday she didn't really move all day and I was getting worried, but the second Kelly walked through the door and started talking she started kicking up a storm. She responds more to male voices than women's, so I'm betting we are going to have a daddy's girl. This is the absolutely darling outfit that Meg and Ryan found for us in California. I'm gonna laugh if she comes a little early and is born in July, but I'll still put her in it. She's gonna be my birthday present baby whether she's early or late.


1 comment:
That is so cute. They have a eye for cute thing. I kind of suspect it is Megan. She seems to be a shopper.
Post a Comment