Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

25 Weeks

The second trimester is coming to a close and I'm amazed at how quickly our little Mei-Mei is growing and how much has changed in just a few short months. People can actually tell that I'm pregnant, and it's easier to tell them I'm 6 months pregnant rather than the exact number of weeks. She's strong enough that other people can feel her move, but she won't do it if the hand on my belly isn't mine or Kelly's. Lesa came by yesterday, but didn't get to feel a thing because our little one refused to cooperate. My hair is finally doing the thick and shiny pregnancy thing, but so is the hair on the rest of my body. No one ever mentioned that the reason all naked belly pictures are taken from far away wasn't to fit the whole thing in the frame, but to mask the fact that it's hairier than her spouse's. I'm rapidly getting to the point that I have to wear maternity shirts in addition to the pants because plain old tee shirts won't cover my belly. She is weighing in at about 1.5 pounds and is 13.6 inches long from head to heel. I'm almost positive that she has rotated to the head down position, as I'm feeling a lot more strong movement up high (kicks) and the softer punches down low. It's really odd when she kicks and punches at the same time. I took a warm bath the other day after a day of unpacking and finally noticed that she is strong enough to move my belly when she kicks. Looks like a scene from "Alien" when she really gets going.

My back and hips are starting to hurt and sleeping comfortably is all but impossible. I can't stand in one place for very long without getting dizzy. I'm fine if I'm moving around, or if I can sit down when I need to. I figure that no customer is going to begrudge a very pregnant woman for sitting down on a pallet to talk to them in the middle of the summer or for carrying around a bottle of water. My managers are being very supportive and making sure I'm taken care of.

No comments: