8 Weeks to Go!
Our little girl is just over 4 pounds and is around 16.5 inches long. Her growth is slowing down in the height department and is going into overdrive on weight gain. She's getting a lot harder to carry around all day, so my back just aches constantly. Breathing is becoming a bit more challenging as well, as my diaphragm is slowly being mushed by my uterus and intestines. It's really odd to me that all my internal organs are currently squished up into my rib cage. Really uncomfortable too.
My skin is doing really well, no stretch marks so far. My belly button is getting really flat and isn't far from poking out entirely. Kelly loves to point that out. That and how big my belly is. He says he just loves it and doesn't seem to mind that I look like I swallowed a volleyball.
The baby can sense changes in temperature now. Don't tell Kelly or I'll wake up with an ice cube on my belly so he can watch her kick and squirm. Also, 90% of the babies born after the 32nd week survive without major complications, so she's getting pretty close to done.
I think it's really amazing how quickly my belly is growing. Here's a once a month snapshot of the past 8 months.
5 weeks
9 weeks
13 weeks
17 weeks
21 weeks
25 weeks
29 weeks

32 weeks


No comments:
Post a Comment