Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

35 Weeks

5 Weeks to Go!
Mei Mei is 5.5 pounds this week and just over 18 inches long. It doesn't feel like my belly can possibly stretch out anymore, but I know it's going to. I thought I was getting away without any stretch marks, but no such luck. Kelly found a couple a few days ago. They're just on the bottom of my belly where I can't see.
Her hearing has completely finished developing and she's packing fat onto her arms and legs this week. She's learned to blink and is still trying to fine tune sleeping with her eyes closed and keeping them open when she's awake. Babies born now are unlikely to have any long term complications, but will need to stay in an incubator for a week or two. Stay put for a few more weeks, baby! (despite that fact that I'd love to be done now...)

My once a week appointments are going to be starting now. I don't think I have to do an internal exam this week, but next week there's no escaping it. I've heard that it hurts and I'm not looking forward to that. These are the appointments that I wanted a woman doctor for, but I'm stuck now.

My varying baby books and calendars are telling me to get a bag packed and are talking nonstop about labor and delivery. I can't bring myself to even bother to pack a bag yet because it's still so far away and pretty unlikely that our daughter is going anywhere yet. Kelly packed a bag about a week ago and keeps it in his truck. We'll probably put the base for the car seat in the car soon, but keep the actual car seat inside so the sun doesn't fade it. When I do pack a bag, I'm just going to put it with the car seat, cuz we're not going anywhere without that.

1 comment:

Ryan and Megan said...

i bled after my first "internal" check. I came home and there was blood but after my research i found out thats it totally normal.