This is gonna be a big week! Yesterday was my first prenatal visit, but I only saw a nurse. She gave me the quick run through of: yes, you're pregnant, so, you can do this, you can't do that, and don't do anything stupid. She'd already seen a half dozen other girls that day so she was talking really fast. In the end, all she really wanted was my blood and urine, so I didn't learn anything new except my official due date: August 3rd of 2008, unless the baby is farther along than we thought, which will be determined by an ultrasound.
My first appointment with my actual OB, Dr. Anne Blackett, is on Tuesday. She's going to do a pelvic exam, ugh, give me the results from the blood and urine the nurse took, and she's going to do the ultrasound to check on the baby's size and heartbeat! I'm making Kelly come with me.
I'm only throwing up every few days rather than several times every day and I'm not as nauseous as I was. As soon as it was gone, I'd forgotten how horrible it was. Mostly I'm just exhausted a lot now, and insane. My horomones went crazy this past week, and Kelly has suffered the brunt of it. Lots of crying jags, lots of yelling at him for no reason whatsoever, and a lot of "leave me the hell alone." He's really being wonderful, which makes me feel like an even bigger jerk. I just keep telling myself that the placenta is gonna take over in about a week and then I'll be a little more stable.


No comments:
Post a Comment