Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2008

13 Weeks

I think I've figured out the vomiting now. I'm fine so long as I don't let my stomach get too empty. Yesterday was a bad day. Ramen isn't that bad coming back up, but pitas are.


My belly was popped out a lot yesterday. The one pair of jeans that still fit were too tight. Time to start putting a rubber band around the button I guess. I don't want to buy maternity clothes yet. I'm only in my 4th month and I'm not that big. Supposedly, my belly does most of its growing and stretching at night. That would explain why the muscles across my lower belly hurt so much during the 6 times I have to get up to pee. I was so proud of myself last night that I woke Kelly up at 4am to tell him I slept for 5 solid hours without having to pee. You just have to take the little victories you get and run with them.


Our baby is probably about the size of a peach right now and weighs about the same as 4 or 5 quarters. All my pregnancy calendars are starting to vary on what they say the size of the baby is. The peach comparison seems a little big, as most sites agree that s/he is somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 inches long. Maybe I'm just a bad judge of size or am used to big peaches.


The placenta has taken over and the vocal chords are forming. Her/his senses of smell and taste are refining and the fuzzy hairs that babies are born with are starting to form. Fingerprints are forming on those tiny little fingers too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok some avoid vomiting tips (it can't hurt to try them right) I had morning sickness so bad with Einon I carried a garbage around cuz I never knew when it would come up. Do not eat adn drink at the same time...don't know why but this helped alot. Do not eat anything that will taste like a hangover aka rasberries, strawberries, anything that would make a good wine. If it smell bad~run! Don't stick around the restuarant cuz Kelly wants something-once you smell it it'll stick with you until your next meal so try to avoid it or your not eating for awhile. Brush your teeth with the blandest toothpaste and distract yourself (watch tv , etc) it gets your mind off how horrible nasty it taste and I found it help trick my gag reflex. Drink more than you can eat b/c fluids is more important to keep down than food you know that I'm sure. But all in all you'll have a healthy baby! Cuz I gained 50lbs hun and today Einon is 4 mnths exactly) I weigh 145 agian and have for the last month or so! My wieght I gained was b/c like you I couldn't keep anything down it seemed like from 10 weeks-15 weeks and so I began eating the things say not to high fat, calorie, you name it, I knew if I couldn't keep much down I had to overcompensate with what I could. It's your choice. But maybe this will help!

Ashleigh

Anonymous said...

Waiting on maternity clothes is teh smartesst thing you could ever do! My mom and I were so excited that I was prego we went out and bought a ton! And you know what my belly hung so low by 8 mnths I couldn't keep it covered without wearing extra large shirts that were way to baggy but at least were long enough. I wore my maternity clothes 2 mnths- that's it.

Ashleigh