Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

14 weeks

Welcome to the Second Trimester!

Supposedly I'm going to have more energy now and just feel oh, so much better. Currently, I'm still exhausted, dizzy, and cranky.

Our baby is making faces now and has started sucking his or her thumb. S/he is moving around a lot, but I still can't feel it. I notice little pokes and twinges here and there, but I'm not sure if it's the baby, or just my body doing weird things. My lower back, down between my hips, just above my tailbone, hurts like the dickens. I'm afraid that's only going to get worse as i get bigger. The baby is about 3.5 inches long and weighs about an ounce and a half now.

The majority of my belly is just fat. Just below where it sticks out the most, where it pokes out just a little and is kinda flat, that is where the baby actually is.

I have a prenatal appointment on Tuesday. If Dr. Blackett does an ultrasound we might be able to tell if our baby is a he or she, but the doctor probably won't do it until next month's appointment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think if I am a little girl I would like the old, old fashioned name Juliet, or you could spell it Juliett and call me Juli.