So begins the third trimester. Looking back, the whole pregnancy has gone by really quickly. Everyone says the third trimester is the slowest one though.
Our daughter is 2.2 lbs and is 14.8 inches from head to heel. Her eyelashes and eyebrows are growing in and any hair she may be born with is thickening up. She's starting to regulate her own body temperature, so I might actually start to feel overly warm. I don't yet, but it could happen. She's gaining muscle tone and her bones are hardening too. Those ones I can definitely vouch for. Feels like she's playing the drums on my insides some days. She got the hiccups yesterday for the first time (that I've noticed anyway). That was an intersting feeling. Kelly wasn't as amused as I was, but his belly wasn't the one that kept bouncing. My new favorite game is to put the remote on my belly when we're watching tv at night and see how long she lets it sit there before she tries to kick it off. Side note: a similar game that is not as amusing is "how long can I sit my dinner plate on my belly before she tries to kick it off?"
Fun fact from my pregnancy books: my uterus is now the size of a basketball. Pre-baby it was the size of my fist. I feel like one of those super stretchy balloons. I've still got 12 weeks of growing to do too.


1 comment:
I think the dinner plate game would be a bit more fun ;)
Post a Comment