We're in the home stretch now.
Our baby is right around 3 pounds and is 15.7 inches from head to heel. Tell you what, if three pounds of baby on your bladder doesn't make you sprint for the bathroom, I don't know what will. It's frustrating because I won't have to go, then she'll shift and it's suddenly and EMERGENCY, then by the time I get there, she's moved again and I don't have to go anymore. I usually just hang around for a minute or two, because I know she's gonna move right back onto it.
She's supposed to be sleeping most of the time now, but she's been more active the past week than ever before, which is making sleeping very difficult. She's gotten to the point where she sticks her feet in my ribs and up against my diaphragm a lot. It's hard to focus on work or to move plants when you can't breathe.
We're getting her room set up now. We've got a changing table from Ryan and Meg and a dresser that was Dad's. Kelly wants to make her a dresser, but that's gonna wait until I get back to work and we have a little more money coming in.
I went to see my OB on Thursday. Everything is still right on track, and the baby is doing really well. He says that we're going to stick with the August 3rd due date, but that realistically she could come anytime between the 1st and the 15th and he wouldn't be concerned. I'm leaning toward the 1st week of August so that Ryan and Megan get to see her before Christmas 2009. We'll see how it goes as it gets closer.


No comments:
Post a Comment