The glucose screening was normal, so no gestational diabetes for me. They didn't even draw blood, just a little finger prick. After meeting my doctor, I don't think I like him as well as I liked my old OB, but he's a good doctor. He did a quick ultrasound, the baby is doing well and is pointed head down. Her heartrate is normal and her retinas have developed, so she's right as rain. He says that based on the measurements they took at my official ultrasound a month ago my due date is actually going to be closer to August 9th. I think they're trying to make me stay pregnant forever. He also wants me to start taking Prozac again, given my personal and family history. Says he's being proactive and trying to ward off postpartum depression. He also told me to call the pregnancy risk line and double check him, just to make sure he's not wrong and to keep the baby safe.
So, I called the risk line and they said that it's just fine. She's completely formed, so there is no chance of any birth defects. Prozac is the most tested medication of this type out there, so I'm feeling okay about it. They said that when she's born she might be a little jittery from coming off of it, but that as soon as I can start nursing her, she'll be just fine, and that the doctors can very easily manage any symptoms she may have. Clinically, the number of babies that have any symptoms at all is very low. They said that it is much better to have it in my system and working than to have to start on something new after I've had her. They also agreed with my doctor that it would be best to start on it now given my past problems with anxiety and depression.
I'm actually a little relieved. I've really been feeling really off lately, and am happy to take a little help to make me normal again. Poor Kelly gets the worst of it, so I think he'll be relieved too. The doctor said I might be a little crabbier during the first week or so that I'm on it, but I don't see how that's physically possible.


No comments:
Post a Comment