Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

29 Weeks

Mei Mei is 2.5 pounds and 15.2 inches long this week. Her eyes are tracking and her bones have finished developing, all 300 of them. Her little brain is partially controlling her breathing and body temperature. Her sleep patterns are regulating and she's starting REM sleep, which means she is probably dreaming. About what, I have no clue. What would you dream about when the only memories you have to draw on are the sound of my heartbeat, my stomach gurgling, and disembodied voices that you don't understand?
Still no swelling, thankfully. I am exhausted all the time though. My blood volume has increased by 50% since November, which explains why I bleed like crazy from the smallest scratch.

We've picked colors for the baby's room. We're going with pink and chocolate brown. We don't really have a theme though. Probably be polka dots, floral, or something similar, if any theme at all. We're slowly collecting the things we need for her. A girl from work gave me a baby swing and a front baby carrier. Ryan and Meg are giving us a changing table of Addison's. Grandma Sugar has given us a lot of clothes. We'll have the cradle Dad made for me when I was a baby, that should do for a crib for the first few months. We're probably going to use a pack and play as a crib like Ryan and Megan did, along with the carseat that attaches into the stroller setup.

It's really nerve racking. No matter how much I read about taking care of her, I don't feel any better prepared. I guess this is the kind of thing you just have to jump into, ask questions, and figure out as you go. I hate doing that.

No comments: