2 WEEKS TO GO!!
We're so close it's driving me nuts! Mei Mei is just shy of 7 pounds and is 19.6 inches long. Most likely. These are all just guesses, as the doctor hasn't actually given me an estimation of her size.
This is going to be my last week of work. I had planned to work through to the 29
th, but my boss only scheduled me up to the 25
th. It's only a few days of difference, so I'm not really concerned about it. I wanted a few days to rest and get the house cleaned anyway. People have started asking me: "Are you still here?" "Haven't you had that baby yet?" It's pretty irritating. Yes, I'm still here. No, I obviously haven't had my baby. What else am I going to do? Work, make some money, and walk around or sit at home, watch Oprah, and gain unnecessary weight? One of the guys told me I shouldn't be walking to work in this heat. It's only a few hundred feet away and I walk more than that outside in the garden center everyday anyway. I have started swelling a lot more than I did. My ankles disappear a few hours into my shift everyday now, rather than just on the hot days.

Kelly's family is throwing a baby shower for me today. After, we should have everything we need. All that's left is to put the car seat base in my car and to pack a bag for myself. I still haven't done it because it makes me feel like I'm jinxing myself and because she likely won't come until her due date anyway. Here's hoping she'll be early, because I'm tired of waiting!
Looks like I might get my wish! My mucous plug came out at about midnight when we got home from the shower and visiting Deyette and Duren. Scared me to pieces, I didn't know what it was at first. When I realized what it was, I thought it was a sign of imminent labor, like your water breaking. I looked it up and it just means I'm starting to dilate, so the baby is anywhere from a day to two weeks away. I'm going to call the OB office Monday morning for the sake of my own sanity anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment