Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2008

15 Weeks


The bones in our baby's inner ear have started to form, in a few weeks s/he'll be able to hear my heart beating, my belly gurgle, and in about a month, mine and Kelly's voices. S/he has packed on almost a full ounce this past week and is about 2.5 ounces total now. The length from the top of the head to her/his little rump is just over 4 inches. His/her legs are still a little on the short side, but longer than the arms, the body is finally longer than the head and the arms are almost the correct proportional length.

So, the fun thing I learned this morning: when I poke at my belly where the baby is when I'm standing, it'll be hard and won't give, but if I keep prodding at it the baby moves and my belly will suddenly go soft and give and then will be rigid to one side or the other, usually. I can't feel any kicking yet, so that's the best connection I've got: pestering my baby till s/he moves away. Practice for 18 years from now maybe?

Kelly got paid yesterday, so we went out to dinner. This was the first time we'd gone to a sit down resturaunt together (other than in Minnesota) for a long time. Of course we got a horrible waitress (we're cursed, and I don't know why. I'm a good tipper!) but toughed out the first 20 minutes of being ignored because we both really wanted cheap, greasy Mexican food. I'd been craving it all week. When our food finally got there it wasn't that good. I downed it anyway, but about halfway through the baby decided s/he really didn't want Mexican food anymore. My stomach threw a fit, I thought I was going to have to run out of the restraunt. I sat through it, and turn several lovely shades of white and green according to Kelly, and it passed. I finished another quarter of it, because I refuse to waste money, and we went home. I didn't feel very good for the rest of the night, but just ignored it, becuase I usually feel like that and didn't give the restraunt another thought. Kelly was fine until about 3am. He hurled for hours. I never did. Now, I'm wondering if there was something wrong with the food, or if my queasy was just the baby.

No comments: