We've reached the point where we are going to have to break down and buy maternity clothes. They're still going to be a little big, but I'm outgrowing the rubber bands aroung my buttons. Kelly's pants still fit fine, so I'll have some variety in my wardrobe at least, but my shorter shirts are starting to expose the belly. Really it all depends on the day. Yesterday the babe was sticking out like crazy and sitting up high. I could button up my size 12 dress pants, barely, but my shirt wouldn't cover my belly, so it was a sweater day.


Note: I wasn't a size 12 before, we bought a few pairs of dress pants several sizes too big on purpose back in January. Yes, I'm being vain, but not caring. Moving on.
A few days ago, after a crying jag about my clothes not fitting, Kelly took me to Ross to find some cheap transitory maternity clothes. Thankfully, I had already cried enough for awhile, so I didn't break down in the dressing room. It didn't help that there were 3 teenyboppers in the next few stalls over trying on bikinis. "This is too big. I think I'm going to need to get a size 5." "Does this pattern make my butt look big?" "I've only got 3 months to get in shape so I can wear this!" "This one gives me a gut. I'm so fat!" I'm very proud of myself. I didn't say a word. I really wanted to though. Really, really wanted to.
The shirts were fine, a little baggy, but that's to be expected till I get bigger. The pants fit. And were comfortable. I wasn't sure if I was happy or going to cry because they fit. The big problem is that apparently they don't make maternity pants for women taller than 5'5. I won't really matter much. I can wear Kelly's pants for another month, then it should be warm enough to wear capris, shorts, and skirts. The problem is coming up with something to wear at the office. I'm outgrowing my pants very quickly. I've got skirts, but prefer pants.
Side note: I felt much better after I saw the teenyboppers. I hope they had good personalities.


4 comments:
Sarah Jean...if you are ever in Ogden call me I'll take you to get some things or tell me your top size and I'll get you some cute tops. Grandma & I were in TJ Maxx last Saturday and we saw some very cute not maternity but the cute longer tops some were kind of the bohemian style and we both thought of you and how cute you'd look in them. I guess you could say they would be a great transitional before actual maternity is needed. Love Aunt Natalie
I am so glad you have an Aunt Natalie, and she loves you sooo much. She is all excited about getting you a coulpe of tops.
Granny
alright girl. If you need someone to take you shopping and teach you how to dress your pregnant body... HELLOOOO, you know my number. Ryan and I can be like Stacy and Clinton from What not to wear.. it would be fun!!! I actually enjoyed dressing my pregnant body more than i do my not pregnant body. I am sure you think i am crazy but i LOVED being pregnant!!! I will show you some cute tricks and how to look fashionable and pregnant on a tight budget. I think i spent no more than $100 total on my entire wardrobe and those outfits are still some of my favorites. what do you say, you in?
I liked your blog on Pregnancy so much The ultr sound pictures are great.You should get on ancestry.com and fill in the stories and pictures about your family and then someday when those Grand kids that are already inside you so to speak will have all of that to adore about Grandma And mother and Dad too.It's so cool how information can be found on that site too.Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment