Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

17 Weeks

Our baby is a whopping 5 and a half inches long now and weighs a little over 5 ounces. My pregnancy calendar says that 5 ounces is roughly the same weight as a turnip. I don't know about you, but I don't spend a great deal of time handling turnips.

His or her little bones are starting to harden now, so I should definately be able to feel little kicks soon. For the most part I can't tell what is going on in there until s/he decided to sit on my bladder. Thankfully, s/he is still small enough that I can get him/her to move by poking at my belly for awhile. S/he can hear now. Nothing definate, just the gurgles from my belly, my heartbeat, and some of the bass "wha wha wha" Peanut's noises from our voices. As the senses refine themselves in the next few weeks, s/he will be able to hear mine and Kelly's voices fairly clearly, as sound travels better through liquid. S/he has the regular sleeping patterns of a newborn now too

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baby belly baby belly!!